Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What is College?

A short post just to let you all know that I added a new tab at the top dubbed "What is College" where I identified what college means to me so far.

for real though... anyway!

I randomly started it at the beginning of my first year after so much was going on in my first year that I figured I should jot it down so as to never forget it all.  I kind of began imagining publishing a small book that you could find at the back of a Hallmark Store or in the discount section of your local Target but for now, I think this will do.

I remember around the time of graduating high school that so many of my friends would not shut up about moving away from home and becoming independent.  I remember getting tired of hearing it all because to most of them, being on their own meant they could not wait to live under the same roof because they were tired of their parents and yadda yadda yadda their lives are so difficult while they drive off in their new car their parents are letting them take to college.

 It honestly disgusted me a bit that they did not appreciate all they had received from their parents.  It is kind of sappy, but I really hope that they learned that independence is not solely living on your own, but it is taking what you have learned from your parents, and implementing it in the real world.

But besides all that deepness of knowledge I just bombshelled you all with, college is also the greatest years of one's life where you start on your way to your future... and there is nothing more terrifying than realizing you are growing up



Oh! And check out what it is college means to me in my new page DUH! that's originally what this post was supposed to be about


.

No comments:

Post a Comment