Saturday, August 31, 2013

Eiffel for French Food

IT'S A PUN! (in the title)

Alright so before this summer whenever I thought about French Food all I could think about were croissants, escargot, and cheese omelettes


HOLY CRAP THOUGH! My horizons have been expanded and french food is so freaking good I can't get enough.  I went to this little french place in Sacramento with my friend about a month ago and have been obsessed with french baguette sandwiches always craving more.

But the place that I am gonna talk about is a French Cheese Shop in San Francisco that was just as bomb with really good french sandwiches and A LOT closer than having to drive 2 hours just for a sandwich no matter how good.


LA FROMAGERIE
2425 3rd St, San Francisco, CA

Kind of a hole-in-the-while but not, this place was so good with great food and great service and REAL FRENCH PEOPLE... that's right, they don't only exist in Europe!


Fresh Baked Bread & Cheese you can buy inside

We went for lunch and it's a small little shop with a little counter and a lot of people were actually there buying these cheese trays for some type of wine & cheese party I would never be invited to and then a menu behind them with usually 4-5 sandwiches you can have with a side of chips or salad.  Then just like a typical Deli Sandwich Shop the dude you just ordered from makes the sandwich in front of you.  I gotta say that I am really glad they have that glass there because I would have just grabbed my sandwich and ran I could NOT WAIT

   

I ordered the Le Coulouse Sandwich and it was so deliciously amazing and satifsying I cannot wait to go back for another one.  In case you can't read the menu, the sandwich had sheep cheese, smoked duck breast, dried figs, fig jam, arugula, olive oil, and salt & pepper all with a side of chips.


The duck breast was solid in itself but with the sweetness of the dried figs and fig jam and the strong taste of sheep cheese all within the freshly baked bread the sandwich was insane! There wasn't a moment where I was not chewing on some sandwich or biting into it for more and my heart ached when it was over but damn my stomach had never been so happy.



I definitely recommend heading over to this little french shop it is delicious but if you aren't from around here, go ahead and search for a french sandwich shop somewhere around you and try some FRENCH CUISINE OUT NOW!











No comments:

Post a Comment