Sunday, August 11, 2013

More Than Just a Kids Movie

Dreamworks needs to make another movie like Rise of the Guardians.

No, Rise of the Guardians is not the owl movie with 'Tom Buchanan' from The Great Gatsby voicing a flying bird.  I seriously underestimated the greatness that would come with this movie since I thought it was just going to be some rinky dink kids movie it turned out to be so entertaining and heartwarming.  In fact, I have watched it so many times and recommended to so many friends (above the age of 12 years old) with not a single one coming back disappointed.

Rise of the Guardians is the story of the Guardians of the world who protect the innocence of the children who have just recently teamed up with Jack Frost.  



Not only is the story just all around awesome, but I mean the casting is just as great.
  • Jack Frost - Chris Pine
  • Santa Claus - Alec Baldwin
  • Easter Bunny - Hugh Jackman
  • Tooth Fairy - Isla Fisher
  • Pitch Black (Boogeyman) - Jude Law


And of course there is Sandy the Sand Man, the sweetest most heartwarming character I have seen in any movie in a long time (not counting Guido from Cars) who is not actually voiced by anyone but proves so much how Actions really do speak louder than words.

One of the main things that I LOVE about this movie was the ideals they made each guardian stand for.  

(*Kinda Spoilers but You Will Still Enjoy the Movie If You Read What's Next*)

I just have to mention this one specific scene where Santa Clause first introduces this idea of each of them having a "center" (what special thing they have inside of them that each guardian protects for children).  So Santa Claus stands for the WONDER and IMAGINATION of children that must be preserved which he represents through one of those Russian Matryoshka Dolls



as he states:
"[I have] big eyes very big. Because 
they are full of wonder! That is 
my center. It is what I was born 
with. Eyes that have always seen 
the wonder in everything! 
Eyes that see lights in the trees, 
and magic in the air!
This wonder is what I put into the 
world, and what I protect in 
children.
It is what makes me a Guardian."

Now if that quote doesn't make you wish it were December right at this moment and doesn't make you wish you were seven years old again on Christmas morning than you MUST watch this movie and bring joy in your life.

And if that quote did tickle your fancy than even more reason to go watch the movie.  

Trust me, you will not regret it 

NOW GO ON!


And FIND YOUR CENTER!





No comments:

Post a Comment