Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Burger Hoedown

I am so sorry to everyone! I did not realize it had been so long since I had posted in my blog I have just been so busy with school and work and what not but hey! on the brighter side, I am here and posting about FOOD!

I'm not sure about you but my posts about food are my favorite because they get me all excited and hungry and hopeful that someone will randomly bust into my room offering delicious dishes but it never happens.

Hodad's is the topic for today and it is me and my friends' favorite place for burgers.  But the thing about these burgers, is that we can never seem to go to Hodad's without completely stuffing our faces and ending up ordering delicious french fries and onion rings and chocolate shakes as well


Located in Ocean Beach, CA and Downtown San Diego, CA this awesome burger joint has even been featured on FOOD NETWORK: ON THE ROAD.  I have so far only been to the one in Ocean Beach and whenever I go it is always with a big group of friends which I think makes it so much more fun since we all munch off of each other's sides and take sips of each others milkshakes too.



The only thing I do have to note is that no matter what time you go (it seems), there is always a line outside the door that seems like it would take forever but with good company and a tall person to shade you from the sun, it goes by fairly quickly AND it is totally worth it.  Also, if you wanted to you can just walk in with your group, order at the counter, and take your food to go.  This is what my group of friends did when we were a literal group of 18 and we just took all of our burgers and junk food and walked about 2 blocks down and sat in a nice grassy lawn by the beach.

Recommendation include EVERYTHING ON THE MENU, I am actually a bigger fan of the onion rings than I am on the fries but then again it is up to you really. 



 I also have to mention that the staff there is awesome.  They all have the same style of having some form of facial hair, a trucker hat, tattoos and A KICK ASS PERSONALITY.  But seriously, they are the most chill servers around never wanting to cause problems and always keeping the customer in mind.  If there is anything wrong with your order they are quick to fix it and are always joking around.  Ask for a sticker and you can easily get one it is great!

So go ahead and wear some loose pants when you go because you are NOT going to want anything tight around your waist when you eat there.


No comments:

Post a Comment