Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Outside? Nah, Let's Stay In

I'm not sure if it's because college kids tend to be "less financially secure" than others or if I am actually, (dare I say it) growing up but lately, I have kind of found it unnecessary to actually go OUT to have fun with friends.

I love my friends back home who haven't gone to college yet, but I kind of noticed this summer that now that I am back home, I prefer just hanging out with friends at someone's house: talking, playing videogames, watching movies, eating, or whatever.  They however can't seem to be able to make plans where we JUST STAY IN 

oh god I think I'm actually entering the adult part of adulthood



For example, I went out with my friends who are entering college this summer a few days back and we went out to dinner, drove around town, and then watched a movie, only to end up walking around downtown until it was finally time to head back to someone's home and sit for a bit.  It was fun and all and I thought it was what I enjoyed until yesterday...

Yesterday I went over to a different friend groups' house and played LEFT 4 DEAD, MARIO PARTY 8, INJUSTICE, MARIO KART, ate pizza and pie and then dipped once it was late.  

And I Loved Every Minute Of Last Night

I don't know if it is all college kids or just my group of friend of college kids but it was great, we lounged around, laughed and shared stories, looked up funny youtube videos, and ate fattening products all within close distance of a nearby restroom instead of having to hold it in when you actually leave the house being unsure of which restroom is sanitary or not.  Also! There is always food at someone's house! and if not, you can always order pizza! (we actually ordered pizza yesterday AND ate pie that a girl had bought for us from a nearby bakery)



I LOVE JUST HANGING OUT AND BEING CHILL WITH FRIENDS and I actually really enjoy when we are all so comfortable with each other and aware of how much we care about each other that there are those moments of consensus where everyone ends up on their phone for 2-3 minutes, and everyone just checks up on their lives (Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram etc.)  Like really, have you ever noticed that?  When you hang out with a good group of friends, it isn't out of boredom or of distaste of the crowd, but there is typically always that moment where we all just go on our phone and then come back to reality to see what other shenanigans are left.


I love all of my friends and greatly enjoy whenever I get to spend time with any of them, but you know, if we can do whatever we are doing indoors in the same area with a lot of food next to me... It's much more preferable



.

No comments:

Post a Comment