Thursday, August 15, 2013

More of a Book-Snail than a Book-Worm


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."     -Dr. Seuss

In terms of reading I have gone many a places buuuuuuuuut I will admit it oftentimes has taken me quite a while to get there.  For instance, I just finished The Game of Thrones (the first one), after of course on-and-off reading the book for about 8 months or so... so you could say I basically underwent a pregnancy where at the end I was finally able to deliver knowledge about the first book. (Now there's a metaphor I never thought I would use)

Anyway, I finished that book probably two weeks ago and for those of you who don't know, The Game of Thrones Series has more than one book and I have the second book and I finally just started the second one today.  It's not that I did not enjoy the first book I just kind of have found this trend where I will either finish a book in a day or just under a year.
ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE LIKE ME?

Like with The Hunger Games I started reading the first book Saturday of some weekend and was really into it and figured I could finish it within the week... that was of course the plan until my sister came home with The Hunger Games on DVD and I JUST HAD TO WATCH IT so naturally I did nothing else that day but read the first book literally finishing it at midnight only to force my sister to stay up with me and watch it (and NOT watch it before me haha).


Another weird habit of mine when it comes to books seems to be that I will basically hoard a bunch of books even while I am reading one.  Like while reading The Game of Thrones I up and bought The Grimm Brothers Collection of Classic Fairy Tales.  Have you seen that book? The collection of fairy tales has 120 different fairy tales.  I have always had an urge to read those fairy tales it's just of course it would be in the pattern of my life that I would buy the book while reading another one.  Oh Well, I will probably end up reading A Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones 2) and occasionally read a few fairy tales in between unless anyone else has any better ideas.



But anywho, that's just me, and no matter how long it typically takes you to read a book, keep on reading everybody.





No comments:

Post a Comment