Monday, August 19, 2013

Food Fanatic in the Streets, and Coma Patient in the Sheets

San Francisco is great for so many different reasons, but for right now, I am going to discuss the awesomeness SF has to offer in terms of FOOD.  This past weekend my friends and I went to this huge street festival on Folsom St. that had a crazy ton of different food stands and street food trucks.  Let me just say that I have never wished so hard for an anatomy more resembling that of a cow than that day because all I wanted was a second stomach to fit in that great food.

(This event was SO BIG they handed out maps since it covered 6 blocks down Folsom St.)

I don't have too much more to say about it other than all of the food there was delicious and afterwards I could barely move from all that we ate so here are a lot of pictures of the different things we all ate on Saturday.

First off was the Latin food which all was delicious with the traditional corn of the cob with lime, salt, and chile and also some homemade fresh ceviche
 (Necessary corn on the cob preparation steps)



LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE EATING MY FOOD

My personal favorite of the day was this find right here.  It's called Onigilly and was rice and your choice of protein wrapped in seaweed... it was DELICIOUS! They had teriyaki chicken, spicy shrimp, and cooked eggplant so we all tried the different types and it was a unanimous vote that the spicy shrimp was too savory to not consider it as the best.



The PORCHETTA SANDWICH from A16 Food Cart was Amazing as well! Freshly carved pork with some kind of garlic spread in freshly baked ciabatta bread was delicious!



 Craziest find of the day I give to this drink right here.  The PRICKLY PEAR AGUA FRESCA, I mean look at how pink that drink is ... I could not get over the color of this one and could not resist from sharing it with you all.  Oh! and it was beyond refreshing really hitting the spot in between all of the eating.

And of course, you cannot eat all this food without having some kind of dessert right? So we did it right and ended our long meal with Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee hitting the spot perfectly.


COCONUT JUICE to keep us refreshed after we downed the Prickly Pear Drink

(WHOLE FOODS does not fully understand the concept of "subliminal" messaging)

I definitely recommend it to anyone who lives in the area to mark this down on their calendars for next year, and if you aren't in the bay, just research for some kind of street food festivals around you. They are so fun and give you the chance to try all sorts of new food! Just be sure to park nearby because by the end, you will still be wanting to eat delicious food.... but moving around is not so easy
(Me and my friends by the end)



.


No comments:

Post a Comment