Friday, August 16, 2013

The Belgium of College Apartments

Why does the breakfast champions always have to be something healthy?

I think that a real 'breakfast of champions' is anything that makes you feel really good in the morning.  Like for instance, I just got a waffle maker for my upcoming year in my new apartment and I AM BEYOND EXCITED to start making waffles every morning with chocolate chips, bananas, pecans, bacon, and a whole bunch of other mixtures (but not all at the same time)

(me everyday at our apartment this coming year)

But i mean seriously, who does not like Belgian Waffles?  They're fluffy and delicious and oh so filling I just can never get enough of them.  And if you ever come to crave a more traditional breakfast with eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns or whatever, boy have I got an innovation for you haha.  Over the summer my friends and I used a belgian waffle maker at another home and cracked an egg inside, let it cook for a bit, and it turned out surprisingly good! Don't believe me, TRY IT!  The eggs were really fluffy and and fun to eat so I will most likely be doing it again. 

BUT, that is not what we got the waffle maker for so I will definitely be making regular waffles and not "waffl-eggs" (as we dubbed the 'waffle maker eggs').  I am gonna need some restraint this year because I am gonna cut loose with that waffle maker and have waffles so much! 

OH! and I forgot to mention the best part! It isn't like those typical belgian waffle makers where you lift the thing, pour in the mixture, and then close it... Ok it is for the most part like that, but the one we got is more like the ones at the Marriott Hotels where you flip the maker thing and then let it sit... Just look at the pictures and let me know if you get the gist of it


Cool huh? I can't wait, It is going to be incredible and I cannot get over it!


Also! I should mention that I have been learning a lot of my mom's recipes because it is gonna be real important that I know how to fend for myself in the scary world that is college (without a mother's cooking) and let's be real, although waffles are awesome, I am gonna need some regular food too.






No comments:

Post a Comment