Friday, September 27, 2013

Jottin' It All Down

I definitely have not been able to post as much as I had before but that is mainly because I am back at school and classes have picked up but I still have it in my head to at least post once a week but preferably twice a week but we will see how this all goes.

Going with me talking about classes and the fact that I was an Orientation Leader at my school, I think it would be good to give some tips about taking class notes for new college students and/or for anyone who is having an epiphany that maybe the reason you failed that class was because your notes were 3 pages long for a quarters' worth of lectures.



First off, be clear in the way you are going to be taking your notes... In this I mean that from the first day of classes (WHICH YOU HAVE TO GO TO), make the decision of whether you will be taking notes on your laptop or on actual paper with a pen like they did in them olden days.  Whatever floats your boat, but really let's be real, it is fun to type notes on your laptop and hearing the click click of every letter you type... but Wi-Fi is pretty good in lecture halls and Facebook/Tumblr/Yahoo/Reddit is only a click away so unless you have a strong will against it... I recommend the old fashioned note taking way.

BUT IF YOU HAVE TERRIBLE HANDWRITING AND NO ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS AND RECOGNIZE THAT IN YOURSELF BY ALL MEANS TYPE IT OUT

(you the night before a final incapable of reading your own writing)

ALSO KEEP YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET : I know it is very convenient and fun to pull it out and check your messages, check Instagram, check your email, and suddenly decide you want to color coordinate your apps and make them spell out funny things... but this ain't the time and you cannot honestly pay attention to your professor and also enjoy social media nonsense.



Yea, it is hard, trust me, you may think you "are listening while on your phone" but after about 30 seconds of being tuned into the lecture, you will find yourself 20 minutes behind the lecture and the professor 6 slides deep into their discussion.

Some more tips I found were these lovely quick tips that I found on StumbleUpon and cannot believe I did not write down the site but read them and enjoy.  I don't claim them as mine but would love to share them with you.


KEEP ON STUDYING!


No comments:

Post a Comment