Monday, January 20, 2014

Making It Up As We Go

When I was younger, every Friday my family and I would sit in the living room and watch 3 TV shows together every week! It was an awesome tradition that I loved and one of the TV shows that was part of the routine was WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY

The show always had us busting out in laughter and when it went off the air we were really sad because it was a humor that all of us loved.  For those who do not know, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY is a TV Show where 4 improvisors act out scenes and play games and all all of the jokes are made on the spot (COMEDY IMPROV!).  Luckily however, they brought it back last year with Aisha Tyler ("Lana" from Archer and "Charlie" from Friends) replacing the original host, Drew Carey.  That was the only major change really which was not that bad because Aisha is an amazing comedian and improvisor AND they kept the original three improvisors everyone loved from the show: Wayne Brady, Colin Mochrie, and Ryan Stiles! IT IS SO FUN!


Anyway, I haven't been watching religiously the new season unfortunately but whenever I was able to catch an episode I did and it was still Hilarious! The improvisors are so funny and they are what inspired me to join the Comedy Improv team at UCSD actually!

What I an trying to get to is that not only should you start watching this show (it comes back in March on the CW), but I wanted to talk about (and brag) how me and my friends were able to go to a filming of the show!

(Me when it hit me that I would be in front of the amazing hilarious famous people)

Now I cannot talk really about what jokes they made, the special guests or anything due to policy but what I can say is that I had such a good time! It was SUPER FUNNY, all of the improvisors are hilarious always cracking jokes not only with each other but with the audience as well, and the entire ambiance was just phenomenal.

I scored our tickets FOR FREE on tvtickets.com which you should check out if you wanna go to a filming of a certain show in the LA area.  Some shows may be on hiatus at the time you check it out but when they aren't, they have tickets for WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY, AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS, THE BIG BANG THEORY, MIKE & MOLLY, 2 BROKE GIRLS, and SO MANY MORE!

We waited in line for a while, sat down, and laughed for so many hours it was amazing!  I AM MOST EXCITED ABOUT COMING OUT ON TV TO BE HONEST THOUGH AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MY STARSTRUCK FACE ON THE SCREEN

One of the best moments I love watching in the show is SCENES FROM A HAT which is basically what we call on my Comedy Improv team: Potpourri.  The coach (in the case of the show, Aisha Tyler) will state something such as ....



... and then the improvisors just blurt out whatever comes to mind and honestly this is one of the best games they have but then again, all the games they play are great

So go ahead and Find a Way to watch older episodes or wait till March to watch it but until then, try to be better than this guy if he were real


1 comment: