Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Les Misery

No, sorry, this is not about Les Miserables I am sorry but at least with this title you do not have to exert any phlegm and can actually pronounce it correctly.  This post is actually about the 1990 Thriller "Misery" starring Kathy Bates and James Caan.  The movie is awesome and I found it to be a very fitting post considering Kathy Bates' latest role in "American Horror Story:Coven" which she is nailing every week since its premiere so far in my opinion.

I really wanted to do this post because a lot of my friends did not know who Kathy Bates was and I freaked out and thought it was my duty to make sure others knew who exactly this great actress was.

So "Misery" is a thriller based off of Stephen King's hit novel "Misery" where a famous novelist gets into a car crash up in the snowy mountains and is rescued  by his self-proclaimed BIGGEST FAN (played by Kathy Bates).  The writer soon finds himself in deep trouble when his Biggest Fan drowns him with her obsession and will not let the man leave.

Like how creepy is that!?! And don't worry, I did not spoil anything because I was told that exact same plotline and was still freaking out as my sister and I watched the movie and were definitely screaming at the TV screen and sweating with blankets tightly wrapped around ourselves.  

Sweet ol' Kathy Bates from "Titanic" and "Fried Green Tomatoes" decided to give me a whole new perspective on her acting capabilities with this movie and she also gave me enough reasoning to always road trip with somebody and never drive anywhere far with terrible weather conditions unless I want .... well, you'll find out what happens.



The movie won Kathy Bates an ACADEMY AWARD and a GOLDEN GLOBE both for Best Performances by an Actress and let me just say that she was up against Julia Roberts, Michelle Pfeiffer, Susan Sarandon, Angelica Huston, and the head honcho - MERYL STREEP so if that does not put it into perspective of how well she did I have no idea what other way to tell you to watch this movie.

I think it is on Netflix but I am not 100% sure, but either way if you do not have netflix I am sure you have some means of finding a way to watch it and SUPER DUPER RECOMMEND it especially since it is October and it is perfect for Halloween especially for those of you who are not Horror fans but LOVE a good thriller
Be Careful Though, She is Out There


No comments:

Post a Comment